Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > "Virtual reality" from Three Brothers

"Virtual reality" from Three Brothers

• Larry_R
  • [Larry_R]
More
03 Jul 2006 12:14 #175611 by Larry_R
I thought some might be interested in this link:

web3.foxinternet.net/lrobinson/pics/ThreeBrothers.mov

It's an experiment with an Apple QuickTime file that simulates virtual reality (QTVR) with 360 degree images from the top of the Three Brothers - SW Peak. Pics are from this trip:

www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboardi...dex.php?topic=4701.0

Not sure if the file will play with an earlier version of QT, but with version 7 and the browser plug-in, the clicking on the link will open the viewer and start the download. Navigation is quite simple. You can either use the arrow keys, or click and hold anywhere on the picture and then move the mouse a bit in the direction you want to go. Zoom in or out by either using the control or shift keys, or by using the controls on the viewer.

This file was saved at 'medium' quality because I don't have that much web space. It looks quite a bit better at high quality, but even with this file you can distinguish Mt. Aix and the high point on Nelson Ridge for example. (John M and I did a little ski recon there last week.)

I'm planning to create these files to accompany all the labeled panoramas I've done to date (~15); sort of a test to see how much I remember.   :D

Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
03 Jul 2006 19:24 #175613 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: "Virtual reality" from Three Brothers
Cool! Tried it - works great. Can pan around and up and down. Zoomed In and Out.

I had QuickTime Plugin 6.5.1

• Sam Avaiusini
  • [savaiusini]
More
07 Jul 2006 08:20 #175634 by Sam Avaiusini
Replied by Sam Avaiusini on topic Re: "Virtual reality" from Three Brothers
Nice Atomics! ;)