Home > Forum > snow question

snow question

• ace117
  • [ace117]
More
29 Jun 2011 01:55 #200940 by ace117
snow question was created by ace117
Hey, so some friends of mine went up to mt snowqualmie and said the snow was mostly gone for the parts that they hiked! I can't believe all that snow is gone already.

So my question is as far as Mt adams, Mt rainier, Mt baker. How long do you think there will be snow from top to bottom? I know you can ski the mountains in august and even september, but does anyone have some good predictions about the snow levels for the summer? I want to ski those peaks before the snow leaves haha.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2011 08:03 #200941 by Pete A
Replied by Pete A on topic Re: snow question
how high did you friends hike on Snoqualmie? it sure looks like theres a lot of snow still above 4500ft as of last weekend up there according to some of the recent trip reports (like this one)
www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboardi...ex.php?topic=21279.0

• Big Steve
  • [Big Steve]
More
29 Jun 2011 10:22 #200943 by Big Steve
Replied by Big Steve on topic Re: snow question
I surmise that ace's friends went up the SW flank from the Alpy Road. As Pete A notes, from Silver on Saturday we saw lots of snow elsewhere on Snoqualmie Mtn

• ace117
  • [ace117]
More
29 Jun 2011 15:16 #200947 by ace117
Replied by ace117 on topic Re: snow question
Yes, they did go up the sw flank. Any thoughts regarding baker,Camp Muir, and Adams? How long the snow is expected to stay there from top to bottom?

• Marcus
  • [Marcus]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Jun 2011 15:28 #200948 by Marcus
Replied by Marcus on topic Re: snow question
It all depends on the weather -- it's going to be hot this weekend, from the looks of it.

This TR Baker via Grouse reports skiable snow all the way to the trailhead. I can't imagine that will last long, but you could ask cumulus. Adams is probably prime right now. Bring some trail runners just in case for any of them, but the volcanoes are probably going to be good for a while yet.