Home > Forum > Throne Traverse Construction Project

Throne Traverse Construction Project

• ski2fly
  • [ski2fly]
More
16 Mar 2014 15:51 #221348 by ski2fly
Replied by ski2fly on topic Re: Throne Traverse Construction Project
Hope not. Reading a few of the early posts in this thread, if you are careful enough you can pretty much avoid p-tex loss at any time of year. Route finding and care is the key. I see no reason for a road.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Mar 2014 16:48 #221366 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: Throne Traverse Construction Project

"The decision to apply for the Throne Traverse  improvement was simply that. Improve skier safety and access to what is currently inbounds. CM has received comments from guests as well as staff on the sometimes ugly conditions and has responded appropriately."

Quote from Team Wally

Thanks for the common sense comments. You probably know the mountain more than any one.

As a lift operator, and working the top of Ch 6, I am wholly in favor of some improvements. Trying to add snow to the off ramp, to make unloading more efficient and safe is like working on an eagles nest. Not only will it add safety to the skiiers it will add safety to the lift ops.
My job is to get the riders on and off the lifts in a safe manor. Anything that will help that effort , I'm in favor of.

After watching riders slip and slide over rocks and ice to get to the SB, I was thinking what a great idea the Throne Traverse is.

Don't tell anyone , but personally I like the Powder Bowl side. Traverse the back side , hit the ridge and pick a chute. All powder, styrofoam, chalky goodness you can handle. Oh oh, I think I just let the cat out of the bag. Oh well. That's part of my job also. Is to let people know where the goods are. ;D

Stay warm and have a great day skiing one of the best resorts in the PNW.

most relevant thing i've read but i don't read much.
b

More
17 Mar 2014 18:23 #221367 by Bandit
Replied by Bandit on topic Re: Throne Traverse Construction Project

"The decision to apply for the Throne Traverse  improvement was simply that. Improve skier safety and access to what is currently inbounds. CM has received comments from guests as well as staff on the sometimes ugly conditions and has responded appropriately."

Quote from Team Wally

Thanks for the common sense comments. You probably know the mountain more than any o

As a lift operator, and working the top of Ch 6, I am wholly in favor of some improvements. Trying to add snow to the off ramp, to make unloading more efficient and safe is like working on an eagles nest. Not only will it add safety to the skiiers it will add safety to the lift ops.
My job is to get the riders on and off the lifts in a safe manor. Anything that will help that effort , I'm in favor of.

After watching riders slip and slide over rocks and ice to get to the SB, I was thinking what a great idea the Throne Traverse is.

Don't tell anyone , but personally I like the Powder Bowl side. Traverse the back side , hit the ridge and pick a chute. All powder, styrofoam, chalky goodness you can handle. Oh oh, I think I just let the cat out of the bag. Oh well. That's part of my job also. Is to let people know where the goods are. ;D

Stay warm and have a great day skiing one of the best resorts in the PNW.

A Lift Op perspective.
Attachments:

More
17 Mar 2014 21:43 #221374 by ddk

A Lift Op perspective.

Bandit you never can stop causing trouble! :D Traverse road bad! New lift at this point not an option...gonna happen, gonna be a 4 pack slow chair - yuk!...can already hear the 3 wackes sitting next to me talking on their cell's and lots of other crap....ouch! So sad.