Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Mt. Shuksan Conditions - North Face?

Mt. Shuksan Conditions - North Face?

• bgombasy
  • [bgombasy]
More
04 May 2016 06:43 #226978 by bgombasy
Mt. Shuksan Conditions - North Face? was created by bgombasy
Has anyone been on or around Mt. Shuksan recently? Pending weather in two or so week I am coming over from Spokane to make a go at the North Face up and over and ski out the White Salmon. If anyone has any info on conditions or even if you are just heading up through the Mt. Baker Ski area, would you mind turning around a snapping any pictures you can of the North Face? It would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• samthaman
  • [samthaman]
More
04 May 2016 07:32 #226979 by samthaman
Replied by samthaman on topic Re: Mt. Shuksan Conditions - North Face?
I have know knowledge of the current conditions of the north face, but I have it on pretty good authority that the white salmon valley approach is solidly "out" for the season. IME, the north side of Shuksan is a much easier place to get to in the winter or early spring while the opposite is true of mt. baker.

• bgombasy
  • [bgombasy]
More
04 May 2016 07:58 #226980 by bgombasy
Replied by bgombasy on topic Re: Mt. Shuksan Conditions - North Face?
Hmmm. Thanks for the advice. I wanted to do the NF just to knock off a classic route, but it sounds like it is quite a bit of trouble now. Might have to look into alternatives.

• Dr. Fall Line
  • [Dr. Fall Line]
More
04 May 2016 08:05 #226981 by Dr. Fall Line
Replied by Dr. Fall Line on topic Re: Mt. Shuksan Conditions - North Face?
North Face looks good from ski area (but middle/lower portion of route is out of sight). Getting to it is looking not so good. Summer travel conditions - if you want to know what that's like search for trip reports of climbing the NF on cascadeclimbers.com, etc. That should give you a good idea what you are in for.

Alternative approaches are possible but more complex and you will might end up dropping into the NF blind . . . depends on a combination of your motivation, fitness, balls and skill. Good luck . . .