Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > salomon guardian 16 creeaak!

salomon guardian 16 creeaak!

• slacker
  • [slacker]
More
30 Jan 2016 15:00 #225934 by slacker
salomon guardian 16 creeaak! was created by slacker
Does anyone have any advice on how to silence the horrible creaking I am experiencing w my guardians? It's in my head now and driving me crazy. Can you lube the pivot? is it possibly an issue w the boot/toepiece interface? Anything? Anyone?

The binding itself is confidence inspiring in its burliness and despite the weight it tours the side country relatively well- except for the friggin' noise. Any 411 would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blizz Mountain
  • [Blizz Mountain]
More
30 Jan 2016 16:22 #225935 by Blizz Mountain
Replied by Blizz Mountain on topic Re: salomon guardian 16 creeaak!
Are the soles of your toe and heel lugs worn down ? My boot toe and heel lugs were very worn down and my Salomon guardians / Atomic Trackers creeked quite a bit. I replaced the Toe / heel lug soles on my boots and most of the creeking went away.

More
31 Jan 2016 07:06 #225937 by PhilH
Replied by PhilH on topic Re: salomon guardian 16 creeaak!
Have you every tried PAM (cooking spray)? I haven't but my local ski shop suggests it for creaky bindings and boots.

• slacker
  • [slacker]
More
01 Feb 2016 20:55 #225970 by slacker
Replied by slacker on topic Re: salomon guardian 16 creeaak!
My toe lugs aren't worn too bad. In desperation I cranked the toe piece down which to my mind put way too much pressure on the AFD but I wanted to see if that would eliminate the noise. It didn't. Any downward pressure on the toe piece resulted in noise.

I did spray them too - but not with Pam. The only thing I can think, other than the fact that the toe lugs on my boots are worn, is that it was -11C. In other words pretty cold. (I would post my Rogers Pass trip but it was so awesome it would feel like gloating)
I wonder if anyone has a similar experience w the cold. It makes some sense but still...

At this point I'm wondering why I havn't been on a tech set up all these years. That almost seems inevitable to me now. Thanks for the input guys. Let is snow.... and play safe!