Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Marker Kingpin?

Marker Kingpin?

• darnold
  • [dan]
More
01 Dec 2015 11:55 #225104 by darnold
Marker Kingpin? was created by darnold
Buying new gear this year and would love to hear from anyone who has firsthand experience with the Kingpin.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2015 16:25 - 01 Dec 2015 16:36 #225108 by filbo
Replied by filbo on topic Re: Marker Kingpin?
Checked the binding out at the ski shop and liked how much lighter it is than the Baron which is my resort and side country binding.  In all the photos I saw of the Kingpin the heel looks like its made of metal which it is not but some super plastic which I guess gives it its light weight.   Lou Dawson on Wild Snow did a toe piece comparison on which of several tech bindings had the strongest toe clamp pressure of which I thought the Kingpin would be the strongest, but the G3 Ion was the best of them all.
My take is if you want your heel down on the ski then the Kingpin seems logical but if the twin pin style is no problem as in the G3 Ion and Dynafit then for the strongest toe clamp in a tech binding to ease the thought of pre-release the G3 Ion would be a strong consideration.  The Dynafit also won out over the Kingpin in that test.   It was on his website just the other day.
Good Luck 

• darnold
  • [dan]
More
02 Dec 2015 09:27 #225112 by darnold
Replied by darnold on topic Re: Marker Kingpin?
Thanks filbo, much appreciated.  Interesting results on the Wild Snow test, glad you included that.
Happy Holidays!

• Mr.Doober
  • [Mr.Doober]
More
05 Dec 2015 08:29 #225142 by Mr.Doober
Replied by Mr.Doober on topic Re: Marker Kingpin?
Fritchi is coming out with version 3 of their Vipec which is supposed to be far superior to previous versions...