Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Need new boots

Need new boots

• snojones
  • [snojones]
More
22 Mar 2015 10:40 #224251 by snojones
Need new boots was created by snojones
So it appears that the ski industry is no longer interested in my business.  I currently use a Garmont Synergy 3 buckle 75mm tele boot.  I love them but they are aging.  They are also no longer available.  The weight to performance characteristics of my old Garmonts are what I want to buy again .  I am looking at Scott boots since they bought Garmont and I had heard that they were now making boots on the Synergy last.  This last  fits my foot very well and others have not.  However when I look at the Scott Synergy on the web it has become a 4 buckle boot that weighs more that my old Garmonts.  I use my boots for both lift and backcountry skiing.  I don't want or need the extra weight.  Anybody have any ideas what might be the best replacement boot.  I am hoping to get some new gear before the corporations decide to stop making 75mm boots all together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lrudholm
  • [lrudholm]
More
22 Mar 2015 11:58 #224252 by lrudholm
Replied by lrudholm on topic Re: Need new boots
I'm currently riding synergy boots as well. However, I'm planning on going 4 buckle ntn with tech fittings for next season.

Isn't the Scarpa T2 eco the best selling telemark boot? I've heard nothing bad about them. Similar 3 buckle style. www.telemarkski.com/scarpa_t2_eco_12211_501_2_c_p37218.htm

I'd check out the crispi xp's if the t2's don't work for you. www.telemarkdown.com/store/boots/15-crispi-xp/

• danpeck
  • [danpeck]
More
22 Mar 2015 19:36 #224258 by danpeck
Replied by danpeck on topic Re: Need new boots
What's your size?

I'm looking to get rid of 26.5 BD Seekers... hardly used. Probably a bit stiffer than the Synergy. But 3 buckle.

• snojones
  • [snojones]
More
23 Mar 2015 09:23 #224262 by snojones
Replied by snojones on topic Re: Need new boots
danpeck,

Thanks for the heads up but they won't fit my big feet.