Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Dynafit Spare Parts

Dynafit Spare Parts

• aclark20
  • [aclark20]
More
20 Jan 2015 07:29 #223623 by aclark20
Dynafit Spare Parts was created by aclark20
I'm getting ready to head out on a week long trip at Powder Creek Lodge, up in BC. It's Heli access to the lodge, with no way to get back to town if something were to break. So... repair kit becomes pretty important. On typical day tours around here, I don't usually carry too extensive of a repair kit, but out there I need something more substantial. What would you all consider to be a minimum kit??

I'm skiing on Dynafit TLT Speed Classics. My wife isn't joining on this trip and has the same bindings. I've been debating un-mounting a binding from one of her ski's so I can have a full spare if something breaks, then re-mounting when I get back. Is that a smart move or a dumb move?? Or totally overkill??

What would you all bring for a week long trip??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• elliotts
  • [elliotts]
More
20 Jan 2015 10:48 #223624 by elliotts
Replied by elliotts on topic Re: Dynafit Spare Parts
mtnguide.net/backcountry-ski-repair-kit/

I bring this on most every tour I go on.

• Randito
  • [Randito]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
20 Jan 2015 11:29 #223625 by Randito
Replied by Randito on topic Re: Dynafit Spare Parts
Additionally SkiMo.co sells individual toe and heel pieces so your group can pack a spare without buying an entire binding

skimo.co/dynafit-binding-toes
skimo.co/dynafit-binding-heels

Lowell Skoog posted an idea while back that I've added to my repair kit, some large hose clamps -- big enough to fit around the ski -- these can be used to clamp a ripped out toe-piece onto the ski without too much help from the ripped out binding screws. The clamps can also be useful in fashoning a rescue sled.

• Jim Oker
  • [jim_oker]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
20 Jan 2015 12:32 #223626 by Jim Oker
Replied by Jim Oker on topic Re: Dynafit Spare Parts
If you are doing a guided trip, you might want to check this question with the guide - they may have a substantial repair kit possibly even with ome binding parts already up at the lodge.