Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Snowqualmie Mt

Snowqualmie Mt

• ace117
  • [ace117]
More
01 Jun 2011 12:01 #200478 by ace117
Snowqualmie Mt was created by ace117
Has anyone been up Snowqualmie mountain recently? I went up several weeks ago in snow shoes and it was still really deep snow. Any idea on the snow consolidation? I am aware of the avalanche warnings. Just wanted to know if anybody else had a good idea on the conditions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2011 13:09 #200482 by JPH
Replied by JPH on topic Re: Snowqualmie Mt
I was in a group of 3 sking Snoqualmie Mt last Saturday.  The lower mountain is showing signs of spring, there are 2 spots where you have to take off your skis and climb some roots or other veg.   Through the trees snow was well consolodated and perfect for booting. 

After breaking out of the trees, the upper mountain had received a decent amount of new snow last week.  There was a lot of debris and we saw some slow moving wet slides.  The slides that we saw at first seemed to be fairly benign and very avoidable so we decided to carefully continue.  Soon thereafter a large slide came screaming off the rocks and the decision was quickly and unanimously made to GTFO.   

Skiing conditions were super heavy goo higher up; nice, skiable goo in the middle, more consolodated snow near the bottom.  Still lots of snow above the waterfall.

• ace117
  • [ace117]
More
02 Jun 2011 14:36 #200502 by ace117
Replied by ace117 on topic Re: Snowqualmie Mt
It's gonna be nice this weekend. I almost want to go do it. Except, I already promised a friend I would Jog Mt Si with him. Thanks for the info man.

• MW88888888
  • [MW88888888]
More
02 Jun 2011 17:21 #200504 by MW88888888
Replied by MW88888888 on topic Re: Snowqualmie Mt
ace117 - holy cow - Run up Mt Si? I thought I was the only one stupid enough to do such things. I had an out-of-body experience the one time I did it as an after work training run. Of course you have to tic the actual summit...I encounted heavy rain/snow mix at the top 1/4 of the mtn and pitch - I mean PITCH - black at the end of the descent. Almost crawling in the forest back to the car (no headlamp, it took longer than I expected). It was one of two times in my life I was REALLY scared coming out of the forest with no headlamp. (the other time was on Gothics in the ADKs)

Anyway, good training run. Have fun. (But go ski instead, dude!)

More
02 Jun 2011 19:45 #200507 by haggis
Replied by haggis on topic Re: Snowqualmie Mt
Triple Si's are where its at BTW.

• cchapin
  • [cchapin]
More
02 Jun 2011 23:59 #200514 by cchapin
Replied by cchapin on topic Re: Snowqualmie Mt
I got caught in the dark once with the last 1/2 mile of Si left. Fortunately I had my cel phone with me and the LED was just enough!

• ace117
  • [ace117]
More
03 Jun 2011 11:16 #200516 by ace117
Replied by ace117 on topic Re: Snowqualmie Mt
Yeah, I have jogged si, tiger,little si,poo poo point etc etc. I love running up, but running down is not good for the knees. And I am only 19 years old haha. Im looking forward to this great weather!!!! what are you guys all gonna do for this great weekend?!