Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Anyone have a Dynafit jig I can use, borrow, rent?

Anyone have a Dynafit jig I can use, borrow, rent?

• zenom
  • [zenom]
More
19 May 2010 18:23 #192143 by zenom
Anyone have a Dynafit jig that I could use, borrow, or rent?

If so, please call me at 253-752-5205. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wooley12
  • [wooley12]
More
20 May 2010 05:20 #192153 by wooley12
You can find a template and instructions here:

www.wildsnow.com/articles/dynafit_mount_...it_mount_2001_1.html

Not sure if you are aware but mounting Dynafits requires a little alignment fiddling with your boot as you mount them.

More
25 May 2010 13:59 - 25 May 2010 14:09 #192204 by gregL
I've had no problem with alignment on maybe a dozen Dynafit mounts done with both the clear plastic template they used to supply and Lou Dawson's version. Lou's is actually a bit more accurate for the heel screws, but be sure you have scaling turned off on your printer when you print it. It helps to print the template on frosted clear mylar rather than paper so you can line it up easily, and make it at least 11" long (also draw an accurate center line on the ski). Use something really small and sharp to make the initial marks on the topsheet, like an icepick, before you whack it with a centerpunch.

Maybe 20% of the time I've fiddled with the toe alignment to get the boot to line up with the heel pins, but it was not off by more than 2 mm or so.  The rest of the time I just screwed the bindings on and they worked fine.