Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Avalanche Survey

Avalanche Survey

• Steve C.
  • [Steve C.]
More
29 Mar 2010 09:14 #191141 by Steve C.
Avalanche Survey was created by Steve C.
Have you ever used a transceiver or shovel to attempt an avalanche rescue? Have you ever deployed an an airbag or Avalung “in combat?” Backcountry Access (BCA) is taking our ongoing research into the blogosphere. We want to hear from people who have had to use their avi gear for real. For purposes of our research, it doesn’t matter whether or not the device was used successfully—or whether the incident was reported. No worries: we won’t publish your name if you don’t want us to. This research will be used in our ongoing product development efforts. It might also be used in papers published in journals and on our website, at www.backcountryaccess.com/research .

If you’re interested, please complete this survey: bit.ly/bALzya
If you haven't been involved in an avalanche but know someone who has, please pass it along to them.

You may also contact Bruce Edgerly at (303)417-1345 (x101) or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We will honor any requests to remain anonymous.

If you provide us with your personal information, then we will reward you with BCA schwag (hat, T-shirts, etc.). If we use your personal anecdotes in published materials, then we will update your beacon, shovel, probe or backpack to the latest BCA model.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trees4me
  • [trees4me]
More
29 Mar 2010 13:08 #191151 by trees4me
Replied by trees4me on topic Re: Avalanche Survey
Wow, that's a sweet deal, but I'm still glad to say I haven't had to use my beacon in a "live" burial situation!

• Kneel Turner
  • [Kneel Turner]
More
29 Mar 2010 13:22 #191154 by Kneel Turner
Replied by Kneel Turner on topic Re: Avalanche Survey
Anyone want to ski some steep and deep tomorrow in the BC? I'll give you first tracks... I love new gear! ;D