Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > "Signatures"-North Bend Theater 10/18

"Signatures"-North Bend Theater 10/18

• super yeti
  • [super yeti]
More
08 Oct 2009 11:42 #188427 by super yeti
Much thanks to Charles for giving us the chance to announce this!

Sweetgrass Productions presents..."Signatures".

From the orange and gold of fall to the pink cherry blossoms of spring, Signatures follows an entire winter deep in the hardwoods of Hokkaido, Japan. Deliciously deep January blower to April corn, we bring you a film about expression and the art of riding on snow. Every turn has a personality, and every personality has its own unique style: the air, the smear, the spin, the grab, the laid-out cutback carve. Shot in HD, Signatures is 100% human powered riding in all snow-sliding styles: board, noboard, ski, and drop-knee.

For the trailer and backstory, take a look here: www.sweetgrass-productions.com/index_en.html

Sunday October 18th @ 5pm / North Bend Theater, North Bend, WA /  Tix @ Pro Ski Service (NB) $10 / $7 (13 and under)

Beer Garden @ 3pm with proceeds going to Alpental BARK!

Killer Prizes! Awesome Schwagg! Amazing Stoke!

Sponsored by: Summit @ Snoqualmie, Pro Ski Service, North Bend Theatre and CG Productions.

Join the gathering of the backcountry tribe to see this year's MUST SEE  film! See you there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• super yeti
  • [super yeti]
More
12 Oct 2009 18:46 #188469 by super yeti
The Schwag Fairy came in whispered in my ear last night. I guess low freezing levels and amazing backcountry ski films is the only reason she comes around (she's wicked hot, BTW).

She told of some very light ski bindings, of some backpacks with breathing tubes, of lift tickets, beer koozies (my fave), Hokkaido pow,  FREE BEER (with donation to Alpental BARK) and more. By the time she was done, I found myself in a daze in my ski gear with $10 in hand, in front of the North Bend Theater. Waiting.

I'm not sure what this means, but I did have a Dynafit toepiece stuck in my Dreamcatcher(tm) this morning. Again. I'd try it if I were you.

I'll keep you posted.

• super yeti
  • [super yeti]
More
15 Oct 2009 15:34 #188494 by super yeti
The Schwag Fairy came back. This time, she had goodies from Snoqualmie Falls Brewing, The Summit at Snoqualmie and K2.  Man, she works hard!

Come on out on Sunday to raise a glass and some funds for Alpental BARK and support well crafted, corporate free, grassroots, independent ski films.

See you Sunday!

• super yeti
  • [super yeti]
More
16 Oct 2009 13:05 #188511 by super yeti
UPDATE: We've added more to our fund raising Backcountry Beer Garden! Come on by and chat with reps from Dynafit, Ortovox, K2, Ibex, Atlas Snowshoes, Pro Guiding Service and more! They'll have gear , info and more.

As well, come have a beer with members of the Alpental Pro Patrol-they'll be checking you in through the gates. Say hello, ask any questions you may have, find out info on gettin' your "plaid", maybe even buy them a beer.

Raffle tickets on sale before the show for amazing prizes, get there early..

See you Sunday!

• snoqpass
  • [snoqpass]
More
16 Oct 2009 20:23 #188518 by snoqpass

As well, come have a beer with members of the Alpental Pro Patrol-they'll be checking you in through the gates. Say hello, ask any questions you may have, find out info on gettin' your "plaid", maybe even buy them a beer.

I'm all for that.

• gravitymk
  • [gravitymk]
More
19 Oct 2009 09:25 #188531 by gravitymk
Great movie!
And great turn out. A packed house with many familiar faces.
Way different vibe the the usual TGR/MSP/etc. offerings.
More soulful and engaging. Looking forward to the Banff Film Festival coming up.

• super yeti
  • [super yeti]
More
20 Oct 2009 08:36 #188546 by super yeti
Wow! What a turn out! And no rain..?!

Thanks to everyone that came out to support independent ski films in a small town. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did, and thanks for giving to Alpental BARK. At last count, they brought in over $1200. It was fantastic to see so many familiar faces, I can't wait to ski with you all.

We'll see you next time for the next Super Yeti Productions event...