Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > October 7, 2009 Loveland Pass Opens

October 7, 2009 Loveland Pass Opens

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Oct 2009 07:28 #188416 by Zap
Jill and I are returning from crewing on the "Pink Pig" hot air balloon at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta . We drove along highway 550 from Durango to Ouray and noticed a nice dusting of snow in the San Juan Mountains. I assumed that A-Basin would be the first to lay down a narrow strip of man made snow to open the season but it appears that Loveland Pass has this seasons bragging rights. After a month in Red Rock country and canoeing the Green River, it's great to be back in a countryside of green and white. Heading north to Dinosaur, Flaming Gorge, Grand Teton and Yellowstone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• skimac
  • [cmaclaren]
More
08 Oct 2009 20:55 #188436 by skimac
Replied by skimac on topic Re: October 7, 2009 Loveland Pass Opens
Yea Zap and Jill,way to go! sounds like a great time.  ;D

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Oct 2009 22:37 #188438 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: October 7, 2009 Loveland Pass Opens

Jill and I are returning from crewing on the "Pink Pig" hot air balloon at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta .  We drove along highway 550 from Durango to Ouray and noticed a nice dusting of snow in the San Juan Mountains.  I assumed that A-Basin would be the first to lay down a narrow strip of man made snow to open the season but it appears that Loveland Pass has this seasons bragging rights.  After a month in Red Rock country and canoeing the Green River, it's great to be back in a countryside of green and white. Heading north to Dinosaur, Flaming Gorge, Grand Teton and Yellowstone.

Hey Zap, if you get to West Yellowstone head about 20 miles out of town north towards Ennis. We are doing a desperate dam repair job at Hebgen Lake with floating crane barges. Its a very fascinating job and we are in panic mode trying to get it finished before the winter comes. We are already dealing with o deg temps and approaching winter. Glad to give you a tour if you want.