Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > First time out at Snoqualimie

First time out at Snoqualimie

• adamb0mb
  • [adamb0mb]
More
28 Jan 2009 13:26 #185581 by adamb0mb
First time out at Snoqualimie was created by adamb0mb
Hello All.  I'm not sure if this is the place to post this... so here it goes.

I'm an advanced skier and I'm just getting into AT skiing.  I've toured and skied the backside of Schweitzer mostly (I'm from Eastern WA).  But now I'm trying it out over here.

I've got some time on Saturday morning... and I'd love to go for easy 2-hour tour around Snoqualimie.

Does anybody have some tips with where to start looking up information?

--
Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kneel Turner
  • [Kneel Turner]
More
28 Jan 2009 19:15 #185592 by Kneel Turner
Replied by Kneel Turner on topic Re: First time out at Snoqualimie
You'll likely hear from others, but Kendal stump comes to mind. Support a great BC ambassador and buy Martin Volken's book Backcountry Skiing Snoqualmie Pass. See ya out there, hopefully.

• lordhedgie
  • [lordhedgie]
More
28 Jan 2009 23:07 #185593 by lordhedgie
Replied by lordhedgie on topic Re: First time out at Snoqualimie
I'd love to join you, but I work at Snoqualmie on Saturdays, so I'll be nearby but inbounds.

Volken's book is awesome; highly recommended.  Kendall is good, but I don't know if I'd describe the route as obvious if you've never skied the Snoq area before, at least the Commonwealth approach.  You've got a lot of good options in the area, however.

The Source Lake area is a common BC area, easily accessed by parking at the Alpental upper lot (drive as far as you can then park), and skin up the trail.  From Source Lake you can ski a number of quick shots, and be back for an early lunch if you like.  If you really want to save some time, ride the lifts at Alpental then take the BC gates out.

Or you could be a real rebel and ski Hyak. 

I haven't been at Snoq since Saturday; hopefully conditions have improved since then.  They were a little east coast beyond the ski area boundaries.... ;)