Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Titanium and DIN12 Dynafits!!!

Titanium and DIN12 Dynafits!!!

• Jeff Huber
  • [Gaper_Jeffey]
More
26 Jan 2005 08:33 - 26 Jan 2005 08:35 #170674 by Jeff Huber
Titanium and DIN12 Dynafits!!! was created by Jeff Huber
This is from Lou Dawson's excellent blog this morning! This means we all have to buy all new gear next season!  :D<br><br>January 26 - 2005<br>I'm super excited about this year's Outdoor Retailer trade show in Salt Lake City, coming up the next few days. A preview of some incredible new stuff that I'll be blogging from the show:<br><br>You thought randonnee backcountry skiing gear couldn't get any lighter? Think again. Life-Link is introducing new Dynafit backcountry skiing bindings with titanium parts, for an amazing weight savings of fully 1/2 pound a pair! Result, a fully functional ski binding that weighs about 1 pound a pair! This thing is so far ahead of the competition, both telemark and Randonnée, that it is mind boggling. Yes, we'll be testing them soonest! More, all Dynafit bindings will have stronger base plates (a recent weak point), and the Comfort binding will now go from DIN 5 to 12. Yes, that's not a typo, DIN 12! More, the Comfort brakes will now fit up to 90mm ski waists.<br><br>Dynafit is also coming out with new skis that look incredible for backcountry skiing. Tim from Life-Link wrote me this: <br><br>"The carbon 10.0 at 118/86/111 weighs 6lb. for a 178cm, so it's the same size as the Atomic TMX and BD Havoc but weighs less WITH BINDINGS ON IT! This is not a wimpy, foam core ski....It's Full Wood Core, sandwiched in new style carbon V-shaped layers, which are both sandwiched in fiberglass layers. It's very stiff torsionally, has a stout but smooth flex, and like I said....is worth the wait (of 3 years of working with Dynafit)."<br><br>There is much much more, both from Life-Link and from a host of other companies that have new and improved product. Stay tuned. I'll be blogging directly from the OR Show and share any cool and exciting stuff I can find. These are exciting times for our backcountry skiing sport!<br> <br><br>Dawson's blog is:<br>www.wildsnow.com

It's worth reading every morning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Belitz
  • [pbelitz]
More
26 Jan 2005 08:48 #170675 by Paul Belitz
Replied by Paul Belitz on topic Re: Titanium and DIN12 Dynafits!!!
If we can get a Dynafit with DIN 12 can we get a dynafit compatible Denali TT?

• OldHouseMan
  • [OldHouseMan]
More
26 Jan 2005 12:32 #170682 by OldHouseMan
Replied by OldHouseMan on topic Re: Titanium and DIN12 Dynafits!!!
The only real problem with Ti and carbon is the price. Very spendy stuff. The process to get Ti from the ground to our toys we use on the weekends is very labor intensive.

More
27 Jan 2005 09:00 #170701 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: Titanium and DIN12 Dynafits!!!
I'm interested. I use 'em mid-week, too.

More
27 Jan 2005 09:42 #170703 by mfaoro
Replied by mfaoro on topic Re: Titanium and DIN12 Dynafits!!!
I am really interested (though part of this is because its more fun to think about next season than this season).<br><br>Having broken two baseplates in the last year I cant wait for a stronger one. I am a little leary of any first year binding - hopefully this one is well thought out and tested.

• Jonathan_S.
  • [Jonathan_S.]
More
31 Jan 2005 10:04 #170726 by Jonathan_S.
Replied by Jonathan_S. on topic Re: Titanium and DIN12 Dynafits!!!

The only real problem with Ti and carbon is the price.

<br><br>Lou Dawson now says the projected retail price for the TLT Ti is $600! <br><br>

More
31 Jan 2005 10:14 #170727 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: Titanium and DIN12 Dynafits!!!
That is a real problem.

• andyski
  • [andyski]
More
31 Jan 2005 14:21 #170728 by andyski
Replied by andyski on topic Re: Titanium and DIN12 Dynafits!!!
... and on the opposite side of the spectrum (or scale) DIN 13 Naxos with a "will never go into telemode" bar. A bargain at $475.