Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Kite skiing/boarding

Kite skiing/boarding

• solsoul
  • [solsoul]
More
25 Oct 2004 09:05 #169974 by solsoul
Kite skiing/boarding was created by solsoul
Hi, my name is John and I have been kite skiing for the last year, both on snow and roller skis. (Skiing since I was 18 months old). I have met plenty of water kite boarders but few snow kiters here. Is there anyone else out there in Washington doing this? I am looking for other people to kite with (or just ski for that matter) and am looking for ideas of good places to go (rolling terrain without TREES! - the main problem I am finding with the Evergreen State). If anyone has any ideas I am wide open for suggestions. Thanks in advance. Fid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• philfort
  • [philfort]
More
25 Oct 2004 12:04 #169975 by philfort
Replied by philfort on topic Re: Kite skiing/boarding
I've done it a bit, but not with much success. But I've got a couple of ram air kites, and I'd be glad to give it a go again. The problem is of course conditions and access to terrain - I think there is a lot of good terrain in Washington, except it is several hours or days from the road (south cascade glacier would be awesome! Or the Eldorado gl). For a realistic chance of kite-skiing, you need something with road-side access - it's just not worth it if you have to hike anywhere for the explicit purpose of using the kite, since chances are that the wind conditions won't be good.<br><br>The most promising "easy access" spot I've found is the Cle Elum lake resevoir, which has a smooth floodplain, and usually has some snowpack there (2500ft?). Still almost a 2 hour drive from Seattle though.<br><br>The only worthwhile kite-skiing I've done here was at Summerland, on Rainier.

• bcpinhead
  • [bcpinhead]
More
01 Nov 2004 10:08 #170027 by bcpinhead
Replied by bcpinhead on topic Re: Kite skiing/boarding
I have a kite and I am interested as well.<br><br>send me a message and maybe we can hook up.<br><br>This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.