Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Sasse Ridge/Jolly Mtn snowpack charts posted

Sasse Ridge/Jolly Mtn snowpack charts posted

• Larry_R
  • [Larry_R]
More
19 Oct 2004 14:48 #169938 by Larry_R
For those who might be amused:<br><br>The charts generated by the snowpack model for Sasse Ridge/Jolly Mtn are once again posted at<br><br>web3.foxinternet.net/lrobinson/Sassehome.htm

I have continued to tweak things, but nonetheless, last year I was often surprised by how close the predictions were to reality.

I'll start posting the daily Blewett/Swauk charts soon.

As of this evening, the model suggests that there is a modest amout of snow higher up. I'll find out when I go backpacking tomorrow. :-)

Ah, em, er, so I'm nuts! :-)

Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Randito
  • [Randito]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
19 Oct 2004 19:02 #169943 by Randito

For those who might be amused:<br><br>The charts generated by the snowpack model for Sasse Ridge/Jolly Mtn are once again posted at<br><br>web3.foxinternet.net/lrobinson/Sassehome.htm

I have continued to tweak things, but nonetheless, last year I was often surprised by how close the predictions were to reality.

I'll start posting the daily Blewett/Swauk charts soon.

As of this evening, the model suggests that there is a modest amout of snow higher up. I'll find out when I go backpacking tomorrow. :-)

Ah, em, er, so I'm nuts! :-)

Larry

<br><br>Pretty cool charts Larry -- should be useful for predicting favorable ski conditions.<br><br>35-40 ski days around Salmon-le-Sac is pretty impressive too, say by any chance have you every toured up the Waptus river trail toward Waptus Lake ? -- If so I'd be interested in your experience.<br>

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
22 Oct 2004 04:39 #169958 by Charles
Thanks Larry - you just keep refining your model and it looks great. Can't wait for real snow to test it some more.<br><br>Randy, I have skied the first few miles along the Waptus River, but only returning to the car as we descended from Polallie Ridge. The navigation was a little tricky (map only, no GPS) because the route cuts across a bunch of very small features. I keep looking at that tour all the way up to Waptus Lake on the maps, and I'd love to hear about it from John.

• Randito
  • [Randito]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
22 Oct 2004 17:39 #169959 by Randito
Thanks, I've hiked the trail a few times in summer -- and it always seemed so wide that following it in winter doesn't seem impossible. But you are right there are number of funky twists and turns in the first few miles. Perhaps I should run out there with a GPS before the snow falls -- 'cause I'm pretty sure that the USGS maps don't show the up to date trail location.