Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > NW Mountaineering Journal, Issue 1, Summer 2004

NW Mountaineering Journal, Issue 1, Summer 2004

• Lowell_Skoog
  • [Lowell_Skoog]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Jul 2004 15:38 #169585 by Lowell_Skoog
Northwest Mountaineering Journal, Issue 1, Summer 2004<br><br>The premiere issue of the Northwest Mountaineering Journal is now available on the web. See: <br><br>www.nwmj.org

This issue covers new climbing routes, first winter ascents, first ski descents, and pioneering traverses in the Cascades. It contains historical articles about crag, alpine and big wall rock climbing, guiding, and ski mountaineering. It also contains profiles of Northwest mountaineers and highlights from Mount Rainier and North Cascades National Parks. In short, it's a good example of what we hope will be an annual publication about all aspects of mountaineering in the Pacific Northwest.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed photos, stories, and information for this issue. I'd also like to thank the great team of volunteers who edited the journal and the folks at CascadeClimbers.com and the The Mountaineers who provided invaluable support.

We hope you enjoy this issue and will begin looking forward to the next one.

The 2004 Northwest Mountaineering Journal Team<br><br>Ralph Bodenner <br>Steve Firebaugh <br>Paul Klenke <br>Alex Krawarik <br>Matt Perkins <br>Gordy Skoog <br>Lowell Skoog <br>Gary Yngve <br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GregLange
  • [GregLange]
More
18 Jul 2004 15:43 #169586 by GregLange
Lowell: Thanks for your tireless pursuit and compilation of the information and history you are chasing down. It preserves the history of our mountaineering tradition, and let's us reflect on where we've come from Here, Here!!!

• alpentalcorey
  • [alpentalcorey]
More
19 Jul 2004 06:32 #169588 by alpentalcorey
Replied by alpentalcorey on topic Re: NW Mountaineering Journal, Issue 1, Summer 200
Very nice, both in terms of the content and the layout/presentaion. I especially liked the article about 30 years of cascade steeps. Way to go!

• Paul_Russell
  • [Paul_Russell]
More
20 Jul 2004 16:52 #169595 by Paul_Russell
Replied by Paul_Russell on topic Re: NW Mountaineering Journal, Issue 1, Summer 200
A special thanks to Lowell and the NWMJ editorial team for a great job on Issue #1. It's great to see a new forum for filling the gap of the Mountaineers Annual. I remember getting started with climbing and skiing 15 years ago, and being inspired by the trip reports and photos in the Annual at that time. The NWMJ exceeds those efforts and is a huge step forward in sharing information among the NW climbing and skiing community. I look forward to reading and hopefully contributing to the Journal in the future. Thanks again!