Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Forest Service Seeks Input on Flood Damage Repairs

Forest Service Seeks Input on Flood Damage Repairs

• Scole
  • [Scole]
More
24 Feb 2004 17:04 #168952 by Scole
Just found this last night. As part of the environmental review process (NEPA), the Forest Service is seeking input on what it should do regarding the many damaged roads in & around the Mountain Loop/Suiattle River Rd area. Comments (email or mail) are due by March 5th.<br><br>Link to more information:<br><br> www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/projects/flood-damage-roads/index.shtml

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alan Brunelle
  • [BigSnow]
More
25 Feb 2004 13:47 #168955 by Alan Brunelle
Replied by Alan Brunelle on topic Re: Forest Service Seeks Input on Flood Damage Rep
Thanks for the heads up.<br><br>I will definitely be sending my comments. Hopefully a good show of interest on our part will let it be known that there are many users out there who have great concern about the access problems that will come into play this spring and beyond.<br><br>I am especially concerned about the disposition of the North Cascade highway with the large, still moving rock slide. I had my heart set on getting up into that area this spring.<br><br>Alan

More
26 Feb 2004 05:12 #168957 by wolfs
As far as SR 20, you'll have to pick a different means/direction of comment, USFS probably won't have anything to say about that road's fate. I was wondering what they will do there too, from what I've seen/read the engineering options available all seem either expensive or dire. For whatever reason the road crew in charge of clearing SR 20 always has a fancy online status report published on the wsdot site every (conventional) year as they make progress on plowing and clearing the road. Maybe those pages will offer some information on how the public might comment.<br><br>As far as these FS comments, it is worth noting that some of these projects are for obvious, necessary trunk lines (eg Suiattle River, Whitechuck) of great interest to skiers/climbers/hikers et al, while others are plainly not trunk lines and even within the reports are identified as serving a particular audience (inholder property owners). Hmmm.