Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > What's the frequency Kenneth?

What's the frequency Kenneth?

• Snowboarder_John
  • [Snowboarder_John]
More
06 Dec 2003 02:36 #168677 by Snowboarder_John
What's the frequency Kenneth? was created by Snowboarder_John
Hey people,<br><br>I had a thought after reading Chris Carter's note to meet up with people. What about a walkie-talkie channel devoted to TAY? Most models now can scan multiple channels so it is not as though you would have to not use "your channel" anymore but just get your w/t's to scan this other channel. I have been to Paradise a couple of times and wondered if anyone from TAY is there with almost no way to meet up with them. <br><br>Just a thought 8)<br><br>Snowboarder John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2003 03:27 #168678 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: What's the frequency Kenneth?
Great Idea, John.<br>Maybe one of the tay #'s should be 12 for 12 months a year?

More
06 Dec 2003 03:55 #168679 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: What's the frequency Kenneth?
Great idea ! One consideration is that some of the GMRS radios have only 15 Main Channels and 38 CTCSS frequencies, so channel selection should be within those ranges.<br><br>Zap

• Snowboarder_John
  • [Snowboarder_John]
More
06 Dec 2003 06:04 #168680 by Snowboarder_John
Replied by Snowboarder_John on topic Re: What's the frequency Kenneth?
I think most of us probably have updated to GMRS and think we should take that into account. There is probably a small group of people that have the very basic FRS radios so should we use a security setting at all (which would exclude those people with the basics)? My only concern would be when I am at a lift-served operation and had the radio it could get a lot of traffic on the "unsecured" line with all the families chatting on those bands.<br>Ron, I do like the idea of the 12 :)

More
06 Dec 2003 07:09 #168681 by sag
Replied by sag on topic Re: What's the frequency Kenneth?
for your imediate party run a security code and for basic "TAY are you there" ch12 is where I should be looking be looking for you? is that what I'm getting here ? I can remember that.