Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Weather Predictions, Winter 2003-2004

Weather Predictions, Winter 2003-2004

• dkoelle
  • [dkoelle]
More
10 Sep 2003 10:34 #168468 by dkoelle
Weather Predictions, Winter 2003-2004 was created by dkoelle
A lot of BC travelers are amateur (or professional even) meteorologists. Would anyone care to pass along any ultra-long range predictions they might have heard from their favorite weatherperson, or, to venture a forecast of their own for the PNW? While you are at it, I would like an accurate forecast of snow and weather conditions for the central Colorado Rockies for early January. Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• skykilo
  • [skykilo]
More
17 Jan 2005 11:46 #170549 by skykilo
Replied by skykilo on topic Re: Weather Predictions, Winter 2003-2004
I predict 2003-2004 will be a great year for ski mountaineering, with a strong, early start to winter, followed by small snowfalls and generally stable winter. March and April might be a little too hot, but an all-around great season.<br><br>Looking deeper into my crystal ball, 2004-2005 looks to be rather confusing. Unusually good ski conditions will surface periodically throughout September, October, and early November. Then we may run into problems; we will get the cold, while all the precip goes south to California. <br><br>When the cold finally breaks in mid-January, it could be to the tune of a large pineapple express event that leaves the ski areas in an even more pitiful state of disarray than the half-assed snowpacks they had before the event. The winter may continue to be fickle. <br><br>It might be a good winter to work on other hobbies, such as wine tasting, cooking, surfing, stamp collecting, gardening, sewing, knitting, bridge, poker, WATER SKIING, fishing, sailing, kayaking, diving, cycling, steeplechase, lawn bowling, bocce ball, stargazing, jewelry making, pottery, woodworking, flint-knapping, mountain biking, car resoration, bookbinding, poetry, nuclear physics, weblogging, Ecuadorian penpalling, supernovae spotting, birdwatching, insect collecting, tango, bull riding, gem collecting, taxidermy, go cart building, baby seal clubbing, rockets, gun collecting, breeding hamsters, trapeze training, drag racing, figure skating, salsa dancing;ANYTHING other than skiing in the Pacific Northwest.<br><br>One thing seems very likely: it will snow copiously in April 2005. April may pale in comparison to May's maelstrom. By June everyone who was whining about the situation in January and February will be crying for some nice weather.<br><br>Oh and central Colorado Rockies look bad for January 2004, and good for January 2005.<br><br>Hope that helps. Just remember, it's not worth worrying about the weather. Enjoy it any way you can.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Sky

• andyski
  • [andyski]
More
17 Jan 2005 12:04 #170550 by andyski
Replied by andyski on topic Re: Weather Predictions, Winter 2003-2004
Sky, could you PM me the Oscar winners so I can win my work pool. Thanks.