Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/21 Ouch!

Crystal - 02/21 Ouch!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
21 Feb 2020 16:16 #233551 by ddk
Crystal - 02/21 Ouch! was created by ddk

Short Report - Big! Perfect! No typical Friday crowds. No lift lines. Great early morning grooming (well MIFB and
LS). GV Bowl skier right side awesome all day (perfect packed carveable styro stuff). PB and BP ! Ouch fun for a
Hamster in a Treadmill. SunnySide early afternoon prime soft easy go anywhere fun (but best in the main skied out
line). Fun day, big views, lots of sun, no winds, heat - ouch could have brought spring skiing stuff for the
afternoon.

Wordy Report - Light early crowd for opening, light mid morning crowd when the normal rush happens, light mid
day crowd, and almost empty early afternoon till I left (totally beat up me). Fast early morning screamers on
LS and MIFB (with happy GV bowl bumps mixed in). Tried to do GVex once, but still seemed to slow to enjoy skiing
the Valley. Plus I noticed HC was open early - OUCH! Did four PB/BP laps - perfect fun. PB hamster line was
smooth and chalky and perfect for creating a snowfall sliding down the slope! BP's went off in the old #1 slot!
Perfect buttery smooth easy dropping fast carving fun! Did PB/BP 5 times today - that's hamstering. Short lunch
at CB lodge and after one run out half way to the Hamburger and my last PB/BP run, I spent the early afternoon
doing half GV Bowl runs to SunnySide! Another great combo - start with packed happy styro and then get happy soft
spring go anywhere much! Ouch my quads hurt. Finished the day with another Upper and Lower E, definitely
different than yesterday, I tried to stay in the last of the sun baked mush (and it was good), unlike staying
in the icy shad of the trees. Everything is ultra sun impacted on south facing slopes, north facing areas that
have had some traffic are great, tomorrow and Sundays snow will change the whole mountain. Today was a great
day for late March and it felt like it based on snow and crowds.

Other - Soups at CB lodge, Ultra Veggie Minestrone and Chicken Tortia something or other. Pizza wasn't burnt.
Lodge crowds were very light, but the weather was nice enough to keep the folks outside. Parking lots? A
lot had lots of cars in it, no buses, B and C had lots of widely spaced rows of cars - so somebody was somewhere
on the mountain today. Drive - awesome both up and down like April conditions (set a time record for the
drive home). Bottom line glad I went! It was perfect conditions for a Hamster like me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
21 Feb 2020 19:45 #233554 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: Crystal - 02/21 Ouch!
Great report from our favorite roving rodent reporter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.