Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > January 15, 2020 Summit Central

January 15, 2020 Summit Central

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 Jan 2020 20:53 #233322 by Zap
January 15, 2020 Summit Central was created by Zap
A two-fer day -- a nice cruising day and meeting and skiing with Bill from Cle Elum. I arrived at the Silver Fir parking lot around 8:30am, but could not enter it due to a 3 feet high wall at the entrance. I did a turn-around at Summit East and came back and a few more folks were waiting on the road. Silver Fir and Central were not yet operating. Hmmm! Patience!.

After 10 minutes the parking lot opened when the road plow machine cleared the entrance. It appears they were finishing their cleanup and snow removal in the parking lot without having to worry about cars getting into the lot. They did a great job. The temperatures were in the teens with no wind - yet. Silver Fir, Central, Triple 60 and Holiday started at 9am. No crowds.

On 2nd run I met Bill and we skied for a couple hours. The groomers were great. The top of the trails were inviting, but I stayed on the groomers. The lower parts of Inspiration, Wildcat, Golden Nugget to lower Silver Nugget are roped off.

It was fun skiing with Bill and swapping stories about many of the smaller ski areas around the western part of US and Canada. The Social Security folks like the midweek ski days ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.