Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > January 9, Brighton Powder - AWD or Chains or Bus

January 9, Brighton Powder - AWD or Chains or Bus

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Jan 2020 19:05 #233265 by Zap
It started with the weather report and "the winding road". We decided to take the UTA bus from a Park and Ride and 30 minutes later we stopped at Solitude and then at Brighton. With the Ikon Pass you just scan the Pass and the bus ride is free. Yes, free - plus no chains or fighting for parking in a large lot and then walking to the lodge.

Brighton has 4 high speed lifts that get you to the ridges and backcountry gates. We started at the Great Western lift and rode going west. Yes - yahoo was the starting call for the first hour. With 1875 vertical feet it has a large local following. We were rational in not getting too foolish about chasing the 13'' of powder over 2 days.

In my younger years of teaching backcountry skiing I would get 10 days at Brighton. With the Ikon Base pass you get 5 days. The new UTA schedule is fantastic and a bus runs about every 15 -20 minutes. We like taking the bus. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2020 22:12 #233269 by Micah
+1 for the bus! My dream for the Cascade passes is that we will have rail tunnels serving underground ski lodges. Would solve the parking problem and (in my dream world where the USA could build a functioning railway) alleviate some of the considerable stress of commuting to the resort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.