January 6, 2020 Xtal

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
06 Jan 2020 22:55 #233243 by telemack
January 6, 2020 Xtal was created by telemack
     The drive up was pretty dead except for the driving rain.  Almost no cars on 410, parked in B by the non-running shuttle trailers and walked straight on the lifts. Michael's pre-replacement knee reiterated he is making the right decision to go under the bone saw.  Sidnie and I got many deep, heavy laps all over GV, Grub and Snorting.  Steady snowfall all day but the freezing level rose, rose.  Lots of wind-transport kept filling things in all morning, and so few people to share it with!  1-2' of fast but heavy, with unpredictable under-surfaces.  Definitely a sliding layer down there. Vis was surprisingly good for such strong winds, until little round droplet thingies started crowding the goggles.  Yet up high it snowed  all day.
     Chair 6 opened late, South not at all; we kept eying Northway as we hamstered GV, then saw it opened around noon just as we chucked it early. 
     Should be a nice solid base building now with colder snow soon I hope.  148 MOTAY for me, and the first deep day of this tardy season. whoo hoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.