Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > May 2, 2019 Mammoth-Silas

May 2, 2019 Mammoth\-Silas

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
02 May 2019 18:01 #232927 by Zap
May 2, 2019 Mammoth\-Silas was created by Zap

Today was a "special" day. Yes, it was sunny, with cold temperatures, light wind, and firm snow that became wonderful spring conditions. We saw the US Women's Ski team practicing speed turns and jumps, and even saw Mikaela Shiffrin. And the bonus - we ran into Silas. Jill and I loaded the Panorama Gondola at mid station, arrived at the summit at 11,053', and stopped to take a picture of Zap at the sign of Dave's Run (my real name). Two guys passed us and were talking nearby, and I said to Jill "I think that's Silas" and I called to him "Hi Silas". No reaction. I said it again and still no reaction, so Jill yelled "Hey Silas". He finally looked over and exclaimed "Zap and Jill!". He was skiing with a local he'd just met, and as they took off said we'd chat later down in the parking lot.

We saw the Canadian and US Women's Ski Teams practicing on the Cornice Bowl area. They are Fast Women.

The area covered by lifts during Mammoth's spring season is BIG. We followed the sun and enjoyed the spring snow.

Around 2pm Silas found us at our spot in the parking lot next to "The Mill" near the Stump Alley Express 2 lift. Silas was the youngest person in our camper van at 70; I'm 2 years older, and Jill is at the mid 70's. We sat and swapped stories and caught up on what we've all been doing. It was a "special" day and a great ski day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2019 21:05 #232928 by Micah
Replied by Micah on topic Re: May 2, 2019 Mammoth\-Silas
:-)

More
02 May 2019 22:17 #232929 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: May 2, 2019 Mammoth\-Silas

We saw the US Women's Ski team practicing speed turns and jumps, and even saw Mikaela Shiffrin. And the bonus - we ran into Silas.

I suspected as much when this picture showed up on my phone from Silas' number . . .

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 May 2019 07:19 #232930 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: May 2, 2019 Mammoth\-Silas
nice!

More
03 May 2019 10:22 #232931 by PhilH
Replied by PhilH on topic Re: May 2, 2019 Mammoth\-Silas

They are Fast Women.

...and supermodels are skinny ;D