Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > 04/28/19 - Alpental!

04/28/19 - Alpental!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Apr 2019 16:42 #232914 by ddk
04/28/19 - Alpental! was created by ddk
Alpy sadly last day - but if you have to have a last day...today was the day!  Arrived earlier to blue bird skies and cool conditions and got lucky and bumped into Mr Ferk first thing before Armstrong started loading ( could also say bumping into the Ferkinator was a bad thing to start the day - he beat up today, my quads hurt, my self esteem hurts and I quit before he did! Ouch!) Early morning was limited with not much soft off of Armstrong, but Sessel had nice groomed soft mush from the start and it was worth a few repeats. But the Ferkinator kept talking about chair 2 (at least Edelweiss bowl to start), had a couple nice warm soft runs till the Ferkinator said "I wonder how the left side of Upper Nash is? Ouch! I was not very happy doing entrance 2 and even less happy skiing the icy don't screw up conditions - was very happy when we got down to the lower Nash areas. Mr Ferks opinion? Not to bad on Upper?  Since he was being nice to me, we didn't try it again, especially since Chair 2 lineup got passed my stand in line tolerance.  So Hamster mode kicked in on Armstrong, with Mr Ferks pushing my treadmill right or left of my typically lazy lines.  Things got better and better, lift lines on Armstrong never got all that bad ( though Chair 2's lineup looked like a "real" powder day lineup).  Had a late lunch and skied later than I have ever skied at Alpy (normally cause of the big crowd). Great day to finish the Washington lift served skiing.  Got my fill of nice soft bumps, dodging out of control folks, looking at all kinds of weird costumes and happy people.

Other - Had pizza cause it was the shortest food line and it was an above average very nice big supream slice.  Burger line was way to big. Parked in the lot by the bridge, about the same as yesterday, but today every lot and lots of the road sides leaving where packed with cars! Still don't really know where all those folks were? Not in the Armstrong lift line - actually no line when I bailed out.  All in all a great day. Thanks Alpy for being open. Thanks Ikon for letting me ski for free! Guess its either hiking/biking or Whistler or Hood or where Zap is!  Have a great summer all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.