Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > April 25, 2019 Timberline

April 25, 2019 Timberline

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Apr 2019 22:00 #232904 by Zap
April 25, 2019 Timberline was created by Zap

It was sunny with the temperature in the mid 30's and some wind gusts. The forecast was for "mild" winds. Today was the opening of the Palmer lift. We saw the Palmer lift with chairs moving, but we felt that we needed to have the sun soften the surface before we took a ride. The day started with skiing towards the Storm'n Norman lift and going by the base of the lift and towards the farthest trail, Cruiser, that leads to the base of the Jeff Flood lift. The surface was perfect corn snow. WOW! Next we skied to the Storm'n Norman lift and took it. Then down into the "BIG" snowboard park where we rode the edges and the snow was perfect. We are addicted to corn snow. Next we got to the top of Norman and went looker right, headed down and skied Uncle Jon's Band. This trail is more protected with the trees shading the trail. I say this was "perfect". Got on Jeff Flood lift and skied to the Magic Mile with only a few other folks. There was nobody on the slopes. I kept looking for someone skiing down off the Palmer lift. Yes, there was one person, but that was a ski patroller. From the top of Magic Mile we went "lookers" left, hugged the groomed trail next to the boundary line, and continued down to the base of Magic Mile and Jeff Flood. We rode the lift, and we don't see anyone off the Palmer lift. Then the Palmer lift stopped. We talked to an employee -- no info. Then they restarted the Palmer at a very sloooooow speed and there are 5 snow machines blocking the entrance. Hmmm. We will be back later this year to ride the Palmer. We had some great runs and we stopped at the high point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2019 10:18 #232905 by PhilH
Replied by PhilH on topic Re: April 25, 2019 Timberline
I read recently that in an emergency they can spin a lift by hooking it up (somehow) to a snow cat. Maybe they were testing the system?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.