Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/02 Lucky!

Crystal - 04/02 Lucky!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
02 Apr 2019 15:42 #232814 by ddk
Crystal - 04/02 Lucky! was created by ddk
Well today wasn't yesterday! Thicker overcast early, BIGGER (Trump style reporting) east winds, wimpier crowd all day, nastier groomers early (well MIFB! only did LS once), BUT Praise Giga or the Force or Luck - eventually life got HAPPY!  Took longer then yesterday - 9:30 filtered sun is working its magic, repeated scrap off the ice layer and bad grooming troughs down the middle finally started getting skied off. Morning Hamster run - Upper Ferks to Pro Course (groomed today) to MIFB - repeat, repeat till it was getting very pleasant. And behold the SUN! went from filtered to full on nice (still had that dang east wind, that lots of folks say is a beni?) But things softened, mid day till I quit the go to Hamster run was either Pro Course or Upper Plunge to M-World! Happy!  Never did a lot of things I should have cause the warm up was kinda late and I was tired from yesterday (old man excuse). Had fun - almost always? - glad I went. Not much time left locally - don't waste the days!
Things probably change tomorrow.

Other - Quick visit to CB lodge were I had Chicken Noodle (what else? They did have to use a strainer to get something besides broth), pizza looked marginal (luckily). Lodge was empty as was pretty much everywhere! Why is Northway closed? Lack of participation (okay for me till April 22nd when I'll be very say). Ouch the season is over - where are all those wacky folks that like opening day?

Other Other - Pay lot was nicer and smaller than even normal, arrived later than normal and still got front row cheap parking, when I left A lot was not even full! So sad. No lift lines, only rode the lifts with maybe 6 other random folks (and I did pick some of those). Second day I've noticed big numbers of Elk above Greenwater - mostly in the woods, but the herd looks happy. Drive up and down was at cruise control happy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.