Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > April 1, 2019 Breckenridge

April 1, 2019 Breckenridge

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Apr 2019 16:25 - 03 Apr 2019 16:16 #232806 by Zap
April 1, 2019 Breckenridge was created by Zap
The day started with 15 degree temps, sun, wind on the mountain peaks and ridges, plus no lift lines. I like parking near the Breck Connect Gondola. We started skiing off the Independence Super chair, skied to the Zendo chair, and then to the Kensho Super chair which took us up to 12,302'. Sun and clouds plus wind until we reached the tree line and could see what we were skiing.  Skiing the tree lined trails was wonderful. We skied Peak 6, Peak 7, Peak 8, Peak 9, and passed on Peak 10. There were few folks in the "Hike to Terrain" mode because of the winds and clouds. The area closes on May 27.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• skykilo
  • [skykilo]
More
03 Apr 2019 10:47 #232821 by skykilo
Replied by skykilo on topic Re: April 1, 2019 Breckenridge
Hi Zap,

Glad to read that you're getting after it in the Rockies. However, I think you mean May 27 for closing day at Breck! We are planning a Memorial Day weekend trip to somewhere not too far from there and skiing at Breck is one of our many options (though probably not the preferred one?).

Sky

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 Apr 2019 16:36 #232822 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: April 1, 2019 Breckenridge
Sky , It is great to hear from you.

I really enjoyed reading your trip with the family at Telluride. I wonder where Kaj has the idea to ski but not in class. Is it a "gene pool" thing. 😉

Zap