Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > February 14, 2019 Summit Central

February 14, 2019 Summit Central

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Feb 2019 13:42 #232550 by Zap
Driving on I-90 going east had strong winds.I took the campervan and the winds caused be to change lanes ;). I used the Central express lift and my first ride allowed me to see a skier and snowboarder digging out of a "sinking tip" in the "powder areas".  The groomed runs were in great shape. On every run, I would see untouched lines and more folks digging out. I spoke with 3 folks and they agreed that they had to take off there skis or board , sink to there knees or waist and then dig out of the "hole". Yesterdays temperature rising for 4 hours, took its toll on the light powder. Hopefully the Alpental crowd had light powder at elevation. The snow pack is "BIG" and the streams are covered. A ski patroller was digging out a cushion along the Silver Fir lift to raise it back for protection on the tower/pole. I watched the "Park" staff  digging the "Park" items that were buried during the storm. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2019 14:32 #232551 by Kiddch
Replied by Kiddch on topic Re: February 14, 2019 Summit Central
Thanks for the report. Too much snow!

Summit at Snowqualmie related, anybody familiar with what's been happening at Alpental up to this point? I'm eyeing up a trip out that way next week, but a big part of the attraction of heading out there would be skiing the Back Bowls. Not sure if they have been open at all yet this season, or if they are currently closed because of the recent storm?

If anyone has any insight it would help my planning! Thanks.

More
14 Feb 2019 15:34 #232553 by haggis
Replied by haggis on topic Re: February 14, 2019 Summit Central
They open but its 100% weather dependent. During a big dump it is unlikely to open although the lower elevator gate may open. If its been a day or so since a big dump then they may open depending on avalanche conditions.

Short story, 100% depends on weather.

More
14 Feb 2019 15:51 #232555 by Kiddch
Replied by Kiddch on topic Re: February 14, 2019 Summit Central
Thanks!  As long as they are in play if the weather cooperates that's encouraging.  Some steady light snowfall currently in the forecast next week, a couple, three, or four inches each day but no big dumps, so I can hope to get lucky. I'll hook up with a group for some touring at least one day, so I can play it by ear a little....