Big Sky - 2/13

• CD
  • [CD]
More
13 Feb 2019 16:11 #232538 by CD
Big Sky - 2/13 was created by CD
A 3 out of 3 day in spite of winds and a challenging start.

Woke up to high winds, snowing, and a couple inches of new. The wind had us struggling with motivation, but finally kitted up and headed to the lift. Oh, closed due to wind. Based on the wind direction, we knew the other side of the resort would be wind protected. So, one slow speed triple ride back to the cabin, put on the shoes, and drove to central village. I thought I was in Seattle snowmaggedan again. Cars off the road, a fairly new Toyota Tundra with his drive shaft laying in the road, and state troopers handing out tickets for who knows what. They're not even supposed to be up here in these backwoods resort roads. Made it to the central village and had a long walk to the lifts due to our late arrival. On Ramcharger by 10. Nice temperatures, lightly snowing all day, and some filtered sun off and on. Challenger and Shedhorn lifts closed due to wind, so good thing we skied the heck out of those yesterday. Light winds and a lot of blown in snow on Ramcharger and Thunder Wolf, the latter being our chair of choice today.

As we explored, we discovered several new diamond runs through the woods on the far left side of the lift that we didn't know were there. Maybe some tree clearing since the last time we were here? Blue Room, Wolverine, War Dance, and Shady Chute all excellent steep tree runs with lots of new snow blown in. Every time we skied Shady Chute, I couldn't help but think about Kate McKinnon on SNL doing an Alien Abduction skit talking about her slippery coot and shady chute...

At the end of the day, got a tip from a local about some lesser known double diamond runs off Shady Chute I'll check out tomorrow. Calm winds and new snow forecast for tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2019 17:34 #232542 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Big Sky - 2/13
Nice report.....but gotta say the 3 point scale is getting to be a pretty high bar! Starting to look like QF reports (no disrespect Tom), but for all the grief I get for over hyping Crystal marketing reports....hhhmmm....

More
14 Feb 2019 12:11 #232549 by Micah
Replied by Micah on topic Re: Big Sky - 2/13
All the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

• CD
  • [CD]
More
14 Feb 2019 15:29 #232552 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Re: Big Sky - 2/13
Micah, you are absolutely right! Hilarious ddk is dissing me for my positive reports.