Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/31 January Wrap

Crystal - 01/31 January Wrap

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
31 Jan 2019 16:26 #232457 by ddk
Crystal - 01/31 January Wrap was created by ddk
Got a early up load on CHex and REX thanks to the ski patrol, soft snow from the start on MIFB and GVB was good enough to ski early, did the Gulley between Memorial and SunnySide early today and after a quick look at the food in CB lodge I started having real fun, during the 11 hour I finally got to beat myself up in the Hamster treadmill of bumps on SunnySide! Over and over and over. Temps were nice and warm, downsized what I was wearing but could have gone even lighter. No lift lines, light crowd, MIFB was softer spring snow than I have seen this season with rocks in the middle top - I spent the runs I did down MIFB on the right side on the edges of the nice soft bumps. Big vert and it was not all high speed screamers today, more bumps and bigger bumps than I've had the pleasure skiing this season - probably be sore tomorrow. Skied a very limited number of different routes - GVB/MIFB to SunnySide (old chair line) plus one run down Rolling Knolls...totally hamster limited and it was fun. Great way to end Juneary, would have been a great day in late April, hopefully its the last one for a while. Only 3 months of the local season is left.

Other - Soup was TB (B is for Basil) with typical looking pizza, CB lodge was pretty empty when I passed through. Pay lot was to big (why? totally random) and typically empty, though 5 buses showed up, a few cars down the road toward C lot, probably only employees in B. Super nice drive up and down, didn't notice any Elk today (versus the herd yesterday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
31 Jan 2019 17:12 #232458 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 01/31 January Wrap
Big fun. Spent the day on The Frontside. One Valley-Iceberg was ok, but steep Frontside bumps beckoned. Gully-Gully to Showtime with Sunnyside being the best - 52°, wow. Sorry for anyone that comes up tomorrow or for the next foreseeable ice-fest future. Today was a big, soft, bumpiest. Tomorrow's likely rain and then dropping temps will delete anything from the fun list.

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.