Crystal - 12/15

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 Dec 2018 17:18 #232134 by ddk
Crystal - 12/15 was created by ddk
Big day - Big early pay lot, big nice filtered sun early (and most of the day), big cold early, big winds at times, big lines on some lifts during the 10 to 11 hour (FQex morning rush and HC for its opening morning), big crowds in CB lodge and the base when I passed through them, big skiing fun, lots of big skiers and riders around (many of those are everyday skiers - even more than I), bigger bumps all the time, nice grooming in the Valley and LS early, big ant farm crowd on the main line of LS (looked like a weekend in January - it was very nice soft uncrowded bumps on the sides), big fun finally skiing PB (skiers left side top and then big fun in the center line side for the bottom 2/3's), big vert day for me - worth 3 days early season on CHex, big rocks on top of HC - but easily dodge-able heading to PB, nice no lines on HC (or anywhere) after around noon...so basically today was a BIG FUN better than expected day - especially with the boot top new cold smoke snow! MIFB was open and rocky nasty at the top and bottom - finally took a nasty edge ding on my Rock Coombas the last time I skied it - kinda sad, but they'll work for a little while longer.

Other - Easy early drive up to a massive Pay lot (almost full of cars when I left around 2:30ish), fair early crowd - only got second CHex chair and there was a fair line up behind me. But no problem early lift lines, fun GV bowl and Grubstake, fresh new was fun.

Other Other - Big bonus was Chicken Noodle soup and Barby Chicken pizza...very tasty (plus the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookie! Ouch). Parking lots was the sign about how many folks showed up - A lot full, B and C and D and E full and overflow into F lot! Ouch! What a crowd, knew it was busy, but actually was not really that bad in the lift lines where I was. Big party and band on the deck at the base which was fun. Every place that sold beer had big lineups - it was definitely party time on the mountain. Drive down wasn't bad but it was busy (and fast enough). Very Happy I went! ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
15 Dec 2018 17:26 #232136 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal - 12/15
how dare you post at the exact same time I'm posting.....this is truly a "big" coincidence if you believe in those witch I don't...I'm watching you DDK, if that's even your real name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.