Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/18 Spring Sun

Crystal - 04/18 Spring Sun

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Apr 2018 15:58 #231658 by ddk
Crystal - 04/18 Spring Sun was created by ddk
Short Report - Great Last Wednesday at Crystal (lift served anyway), Great sun, Great groomers early (well LS and MIFB for me and lots of FQex runs for #1), Great views, Great Rainier donut hole...nice empty slopes, even emptier lifts, pleasant temps (not to cold and not to hot, just Goldilocks nice), no sticky snow noticed - actually some of the high traffic areas started feeling like corn! Yee Haa!....But the real true off piste sunny slopes will need a lot of traffic to get prime. GV Bowl was the best north facing slope I did.

More Words Report - Arrived typically early to a very empty Crystal mountain, nice small pay lot, nice quiet lodge...Actually finally rode up CHex with #1 and three other every week day regulars! Big thing for me...as was noted by the other folks on the lift. Early screamer smooth fun packed powder runs down LS and MIFB with some nice left over powder in GV Bowl from yesterday and a nice new layer added sometime since lifts closed yesterday. Did a lot of Hamster groomers early with a poke into a Door and finally a PB run after lunch - not good enough to drag me back for repeats...So the Hamster day pretty much was the buttery and continually getting better laps on REX via either LS or GV/MIFB (which kept dragging me back)....Didn't bounce around much... I was incredibly nice (huh?) and skied a lot with #1 who was having a great day carving very nice turns on the totally empty slopes. Noticed some skiers doing big happy lines around Hour Glass on the King - it looked pretty prime over there today, some even more radical left over turns in the Braindamage area...will be even more prime tomorrow.

Other - Cant remember what the soup at the Bullwheel was...the fact that I was there was enough...but the Nachos where awesome I have to say...split a small which was way big enough. Pay lot was not full when we left, Black Fox sitting by a culvert in the C lot area watching the day visitors leave was very entertaining...we actually talked to her(?) She could have cared less...typical when I talk. Drive up was happy quiet with only a few Elk...drive down was randomly slow with Sunday drivers...Great day after the Great Pow day yesterday....so sad not many lift served days left in Washington State....Looks like Alpy will be the place after this weekend....get ready!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Apr 2018 18:32 #231659 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: Crystal - 04/18 Spring Sun
Damn!
Rodent Heaven.

My FOMO has turned into AMO ( Actually Missing Out)
Wife got some nice turns in with her " retired" posse while i continued my capitalistic truffle pigging.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.