Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > March 12, 2018 Park City-Kam&Silas

March 12, 2018 Park City-Kam&Silas

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Mar 2018 16:37 #231382 by Zap

We have not skied Park City in a decade, and now we have an Epic Local Pass that includes this area. We have also not seen Kam since he fell in love with Allyson and moved to new job near Park City. I know he is still a tele person and so is Allyson. Plus he makes great skis. Our plan was to follow his team of Allyson, a local friend, and a couple from Maine; plus meet up with Silas for a Kam birthday party up on the highest peak on Jupiter at 10,026'. Many of us know Silas so he used his free ticket at Brighton and skinned up to meet us where the two areas share a boundary line. Silas initially climbed to the wrong peak, but we could see him so he switched peaks and we skied down the ridge of Scott Bowl to meet up.

Silas came from Brighton and could not cross the rope line into Park City. I know this a crazy "rule", but Kam can attest to it as the Ski Patrol once caught him and they had a long meeting/discussion so as to not get a ticket. Silas brought a small birthday cake and the best part - cans of Rainier beer! Great meeting. Silas skied down with us to the Jupiter lift and caught a free ride back to the top of Jupiter for his return to Brighton. They don't check for tickets there because no one usually skins up to the lift. exit of I-80 to Park City there is a large development of "Outlet Stores". I have never seen such an enormous number of outlet stores in one area. There's a store there for any item you could possibly need/want/desire.

A crazy thing is that Kam just returned from a trip to Canada where he tore his MCL and his meniscus. He 's not supposed to ski for 4-6 weeks, but since it was his birthday he did anyway - didn't want to miss his special birthday party.

Park City is really BIG. Jill and I skied a bunch of groomers, but you could spend days trying to ski all of them.. On a powder day it becomes a day to ski the upper trails and unmarked areas. With the purchase of Canyons you have even MORE options. Tomorrow we will ski at Canyons. Right at the exit of I-80 to Park City there is a large development of "Outlet Stores". I have never seen such an enormous number of outlet stores in one area. There's a store there for any item you could possibly need/want/desire.

;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Mar 2018 16:49 #231383 by Zap
Silas at Brighton-Park City rope line.
Attachments:

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Mar 2018 17:01 #231384 by Zap
Kam's Birthday Team
Attachments:

More
16 Mar 2018 18:51 #231386 by Robie
Replied by Robie on topic Re: March 12, 2018 Park City-Kam&Silas
Happy Bday KAMster !
Canyons is Good especially in a storm .
Silas ? Like there's a parallel ski world there ?
Im holding the Fort down here Silver Fir /Hayak /Crystal/Paradise circuit.

More
17 Mar 2018 16:30 #231391 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: March 12, 2018 Park City-Kam&Silas
Best Birthday Wishes to you Kamster.
May you highest aspirations become the least of your accomplishments in the next year.
You da Man :)
A lot of miles have slid beneath my Rondonniers thanks to you. Thanks, bro.

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Mar 2018 20:47 #231393 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: March 12, 2018 Park City-Kam&Silas
happy birthday Kam!

Silas, I'd of ducked that rope too.

More
20 Mar 2018 13:46 - 20 Mar 2018 13:52 #231423 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: March 12, 2018 Park City-Kam&Silas
Happy Birthday is right, Kam. Thought about you Sunday as I tried to catch a little shuteye on a bench at the airport in Munich!

• kamtron
  • [kamtron]
More
20 Mar 2018 14:10 #231424 by kamtron
Replied by kamtron on topic Re: March 12, 2018 Park City-Kam&Silas
I've heard of this other Kam....
Happy birthday!