March 9, 2018 Big Sky

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Mar 2018 19:21 #230501 by Zap
March 9, 2018 Big Sky was created by Zap
It has been 2 years since our last visit and things are changing. We arrived on the 8th in the late afternoon and it was snowing then sunny. Drove into the Town Center and it is BIG - blocks of condos, apartments, shops, a large medical center, restaurants, ice rink, and more being built. The nearby homes are big. There is money in the area.

We picked up our tickets using our MAX Passes, This is a last year of MAX Pass. Big Sky will be part of Ikon and the Mountain Collective. We spoke to an office person about the new 8-pack lift. We talked about the possibility of for skis crossing when getting off the lift with that many people
... She responded with a "wink". I mentioned the potential for a Warren Miller movie, like in the old days.

They have 24 lifts and 12 surface lifts covering Big Sky and Moonlight Basin. We started with 2'' of packed powder and had sun off and on, the upper mountain in the clouds off and on, and the winds getting stronger. We had a blast moving from one groomed trail to another groomed trail on the next mountain. I marked the groomers on a trail map, and each run was on a different trail. No crowds today and Saturday is the tourist turnover day. The Lone Peak tram run for awhile, but the winds and clouds made that a bad choice. The Powder Seeker 6-pack express had some clients, but again it was flat light and windy so we passed on that. We stayed low on the treed trails and skied with smiles on our faces.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Mar 2018 19:25 #230403 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: March 9, 2018 Big Sky
I photo of Lone Mt. and the Terrain Park we enjoy with both skis on the ground. ;)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.