Crystal 2/1

• CD
  • [CD]
More
01 Feb 2018 15:12 #230988 by CD
Crystal 2/1 was created by CD
The trifecta. The best 3 day run at Crystal this season. The powder from the last two days turned into packed powder in a lot of places in addition to wall-to-wall groomers. I have to say, skiing the Valley, then dropping onto a perfectly groomed MIFB and Deerfly for several top to bottoms first thing in the morning was just the ticket to get the tired legs going again.

Didn't ski C6 or Northway today opting for all my favorites in the middle.

The crowds were much lighter than the last two days and the weather maybe a bit nicer, definitely nicer than the rain in the Puget Sound area.

Looks like we're going to have to take a break for warm weather and rain, but mid next week looks to be some sunny warm spring skiing on the way. I hope the great coverage survives.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2018 15:25 #230990 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal 2/1
And more words about a great day! -

Short Report - Yee Haa, nothing like quiet mountain 3rd day left overs.  Nobody around, great early morning screamer perfect groomers and nice filtered sun!  Just mighty fine.

Lots of Words Report - Arrived extra early just so I could lounge around, base lodge was very empty and very quiet.  Small CHex lineup, almost beat the Bucket to the top of REX...eskinmo was a couple of seconds ahead coming from the Bucket.  A nice dusting of new.  Valley Bowl to MIFB or LS runs early were primo packed powder screaming groomers...But that all had to end when I started the cycle from M-World to SunnySide to Doors to PB/BP's (twice before lunch)...and after lunch it was repeat the cycles with most of my last (how many?) runs being GV Bowl to Memorial (via the top of MIFB)...I was getting M-World and BP's (and a few Doors) pounded into happy hamster runs.  Never a lift line, pretty nice filtered sun vis, great easy packed powder (that definitely had the feel of getting kinda warm snow - might not be so nice off piste in sunny areas tomorrow).  Was starting to snow small pellets when I bailed - again so way to early!  What a wimp I be, but it was the third day of pounding the slopes (but a lot less than the 9 to 5 really big Crystal mountain skiers).  But no standing around, lots of fast easy don't have to go looking for the perfect deep powder stash conditions - for me just look for the nicest soft bumps and spin the treadmill as fast as possible.  Its truly been a great three days.

Other - Spent a massive amount of time eating a very very nice piece of gourmet quality pizza!  Pay lot was typical in all ways, 6 ½ buses, cars in B and C - but no shuttles again today?  Drive up early was happy with elk sightings,  the drive down had a few slow drivers to pass....Great day, ready to lounge around and sleep in tomorrow.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
01 Feb 2018 16:31 #230992 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal 2/1
I left at 2:30 and it seemed like there were about 23 people still there. The groomed runs were in tip top shape all day, cuz there was no traffic on them........you could still ski powder out South,again nobody there. Exit chute was awsome....and gv,iceberg,deerfly , just great...it was shockingly quiet for such good condtions....another great day