Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 12/31 Happy Last Day of 2017!

Crystal - 12/31 Happy Last Day of 2017!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
31 Dec 2017 16:12 #230560 by ddk
Short Report - Big Sunny see forever conditions, Small early crowd, but it was pretty massive in places at times. Great screamer
groomers early (LS and MIFB), Sunny aspects got sun damaged - so most of my day was North Facing. Coverage improved big
time, lots less rocks in some of the places I Hamster in. Thought about not being a total hamster....sorry did not happen.

Long Wordy Report - Saw a number of folks having a great day and met more folks having an even bigger happy day. Great way
to spend the last day of 2017! Perfect sunny fun happy with maybe more folks than I would prefer. As noted a few early screamer
fun groomers (dodging the CMAC bombers), then a few pokes around - SunnySide (doable but not happy enough to suck me
back for any repeats), HC out towards the Throne (the traverse from hell was greatly improved) but the quality of the left overs
was again not enough for to many repeats...based on some lift lines I would have liked staying on HC - no lift lines....but...
So PB to BP...PB is pretty happy packed left over fun, BP's has improved coverage but had some sun/heat impact and still
more workout than my old body likes some days....So pretty much spent a fair amount of the day skiing GV Bowl (sweet with the
lack of the traverse lines in the middle) to mostly an easy screaming newly groomed MIFB (lots of sugar and softness to turn on).
Had some nice runs with Ms Ferk - skiing great with those bionic knees. Running single was good today, jump into the singles line
sometimes or find a double or triple in the main lines. Saw some pretty good sized lineups at times - but only the REX/FQex.

Other - Had a nice pizza and beer social at CB lodge with Ross! the King of old school 2X4's...very pleasant. Crowd in CB was
building....but the line ups on the lifts never went totally mellow....even with the Hawks playing. Don't know what the soup was
at CB, but the base had Potato (hows that spelled Mr VP?) something or other ?

Other other - For the Putty Truck folks...the lots were all crammed full all the way down to the F lot!!!!! Ouch! First time Putty
has seen that this year...and the Pay lot was massive (where have those folks been?)

All in all a great day to finish 2017. Happy New Year to All!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.