Crystal -12/22

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Dec 2017 16:06 #230455 by ddk
Crystal -12/22 was created by ddk
Short Report - Full on winter day. Snowed till at least 2pm....and the new was noticeable mid day. Lift lines tolerable, except of maybe Ch6 and for me the penalty on HC was the vis. Vis got worse in places all morning, but was pretty nice during the afternoon. Lifts running on white lightening - no snow making during the skiing hours - nice.

More words Report - Arrived fairly early after a slow drive following to many first time snow drivers. Stood in the CHex line to long and got burned by the bucket getting a head start. Snow quality was good, things groomed that I did were good. Bumps on the right side of Lucky made me happy, plus challenging runs down one of the Doors and Bearpits (got abused the last couple of days). Best of the day was the mid day no lift line on REX laps from Breakover to Memorial, many repeats to end my day. Did a MIFB run - not the best conditions, left over groomed from yesterday and lots of random rocks, plus vary narrow mess at the bottom throat. Finished the day going out through Kellys Gap - might have been great for the first folks, but it was not prime by the time I did...though lower E skied nice big bumps. Pretty much beat up my hamster bump skiing...apparently the skiing I've been doing has been to causal...got my first shoulder roll fall in Memorial - it woke me up.

Other - Did CB lodge early during the fuzzier vis time, apparently the soup was Triple C, tasted #1's chick chili and it was very good. Pizza today looked awesome, but I didn't try any.....Pay lot was massive and massively empty when we left. C looked full, B was close with a different row pattern...rest of the lots were a blur.

All in all a good day, busy on the main runs which I stayed off of, lines not to bad.....cant wait to hear how big HC and Southback was. Merry X-mass to all from the putty guy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nordique
  • [nordique]
More
22 Dec 2017 16:29 #230456 by nordique
Replied by nordique on topic Re: Crystal -12/22
And a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and #1--and our thanks for your great reports!

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
22 Dec 2017 16:46 #230457 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Crystal -12/22
Addendum,
Visibility was more of a factor for us, we stuck mostly to tree runs. Kelly's Gap was defiantly the run of the day. We caught it early and had a superb untracked run down to lower E, so we did it a second time. Otherwise ditto DDK.