Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > December 20, 2017 Stevens Pass

December 20, 2017 Stevens Pass

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Dec 2017 15:54 #230424 by Zap
December 20, 2017 Stevens Pass was created by Zap
I arrived at 8:15am and the lines at Kehr's, Hogsback and Skyline were huge. The crowds were still arriving.  No line at Brooks so I joined the Stevens racing group. Not a good choice. Skyline and Brooks opened late so the mass at Kehr's was heading for Mill Valley. When Brooks started, we had the drizzle/freezing rain. Wipe your goggles after a short distance to see. They had a couple of feet of "high density powder"over the last 24 hours.  The only trail on Brooks was groomed but a snow machine was down and the run was closed. We usually blow thru the powder but everyone was stuck, searching for a ski or kicking out from a hole. I found a line that was kicked out and got to a groomer.

All the lifts were operating.  Groomers and edge powder skiing was OK. The upper part of the area was in the clouds/fog. Mill Valley had the folks packing the terrain, locating rocks, trees, gulley's and streams. About noon, I left and scraped of the frozen ice on my clothing. The sun was no out yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.