Crystal 12/12

• CD
  • [CD]
More
12 Dec 2017 14:57 #230361 by CD
Crystal 12/12 was created by CD
It's hard to believe that less than a month ago, we were skiing Exterminator top to bottom. Today, E is mostly rocks and dirt. Going to take a lot of snow for the mountain to recover.

Today's conditions were pretty much the same as yesterday's, although today there was more filtered sun and clouds. They groomed Lucky Shot more to the right over night cutting into the bumps and harvesting the snow that was on that side. Crystal is pulling out all the tricks to try to keep the limited terrain skiable and doing a good job of it. The bumps in the valley never softened, but I did an occasional lap in there just to check.

There is new grooming equipment at Crystal: Ski Patrollers carrying hockey sticks so they can shoot the loose rocks off the groomers into the woods as they ski by. I think they should hand them out to skiers to help break up the monotony of skiing groomed runs all day.

A special thank you to the person who found my drivers license in the parking lot last night and turned it in at Guest Services!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.