Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 12/01 Happy December

Crystal - 12/01 Happy December

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Dec 2017 16:08 #230222 by ddk
Crystal - 12/01 Happy December was created by ddk
Short report - Nice, coldish feeling, sun to filtered sun to sun, no crowd, great groomers for the groomer crowd, great left over packed stuff with a little new fresh, rocks in spots, but no big problem.

Long Winded Wordy report - Arrived earlier than needed, but getting into practice for when the hoards finally show up.  Nice casual social in the base lodge till CHex started loading at 8:45 - maybe three chairs worth of "crowd".  Chairs running on diesel again today and the snow guns were working overtime (more Other info later on this topic).  Big snow speed bump at the base of REX from the hard working snow gun (kinda funny - Cat driver must of missed that part of the grooming last night).  Did a few runs in the Valley - I still like skiers right side, Anns is improving (especially if you make your turns a 180 degrees from everybody else).  Lots of solo rides on the lifts today and some very nice social rides with "new" folks in my world.  Felt cold today, some east winds early (?).  Nice packed powder bumps in my hamster treadmill runs.  Good fun all in all.

Other - Soup in the ultra unheated cold CB lodge was what I thought it might have been yesterday - left over Triple C (sample I got still did taste very nice).  Big thing was the pizza by the slice - very tasty - options today was Cheese and Pepperoni (the pep was very nice - might impact my lunch options...especially with a very nice mug of Full Sail beer).  #1 got a custom veggie glut free pizza - tasted very good, but it was expensive. 

Other other - Parking was pretty typical, bigger Friday sized pay lot and even bigger empty Pay lot today, rest of A was full with overflow into a few C lot rows and maybe a row of paying customers in B lot.  As noted no lift lines and a lot of very empty ski slopes - good to preserve the snow up high and the snow making down low has made a big improvement.

Other Other OTHER!  Fake news rumors spread by fairly reliable well documented sources indicated that Crystal may have a power issue tug of war between the snow making system and running the lifts on electricity....mid day when the snow making finally shut down the lifts magically started running on clean green electricity - and normal fast...hhhhmmmm....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Dec 2017 16:12 #230223 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 12/01 Happy December
PS...Snort Elk opened today - the bowl anyway, I got left overs and it looked deep for the first folks, skied nice to the GV chair.

More
01 Dec 2017 17:45 #230226 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Re: Crystal - 12/01 Happy December
Nice work young man

• CascadeSkier
  • [CascadeSkier]
More
01 Dec 2017 18:10 #230228 by CascadeSkier
Replied by CascadeSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 12/01 Happy December
...hhhhmmmm....

Let's hope that ...hhhhmmmm... doesn't turn into ...HHHHMMMM...