Crystal - 11/16

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Nov 2017 15:56 #230091 by ddk
Crystal - 11/16 was created by ddk
Day Two....felt colder, better quality snow, light snow falling most of the morning, very light early crowd, big snow fall during the 10 hour, most main runs billiard table smooth grooming with increasing nice new layer of cold snow....Best fun for me today was CMAC bypass and CMAC (Chapells sp?) - ungroomed with nice soft bumps building to work the legs and make my brain happy...And I did have legs left over from yesterday - dang quads (or dang me summer work out effort). Lucky for me that its been two nice lazy easy work into the ski season mornings....no real frenzy...no pressure...Just fun. No noticeable lift lines - actually had a number of solo rides on FQex. Light snow falling most of the time I was on the mountain. Saw more of the every day locals. Lookin forward to the big day tomorrow.

Other - Noticed employees riding up Chair 6 to start prepping it....maybe PB soon?
Nice small Pay lot - that almost got full, rest of A lot packed with cars in the B lot (employees?).

Other other - Lookin forward to reading BINX's big report!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2017 19:39 #230098 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: Crystal - 11/16
Great first day of the 17/18 season, conditions were superb for the lower Mtn. As DDK said heavy snow at the 10 o clock
hour. Funny to see guys skiing in Radar sunglasses in a snowstorm 8)! Good to see all the locals and try to remember names. Lots of people complaining that their legs were tired?
No heat or hot water in Campbell basin lodge. Friday will be busy but should be good. ;)

More
16 Nov 2017 21:09 #230102 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Re: Crystal - 11/16
Limited terrain but great snow and no crowds. Letting people tour up QS but not up to the top. Looks thin under Rex but will see tomorrow.