Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > February 28, 2017 Crested Butte

February 28, 2017 Crested Butte

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 Mar 2017 18:46 #229058 by Zap
February 28, 2017 Crested Butte was created by Zap
The day began with 20 degree temps, little wind, and 9” overnight. We used our MAX Passes and the 2 for 1 Shell Ski Free coupon for the boys, and we were all ready to load the Silver Queen Express. It was great to see the boys (and dad) get so excited about skiing untracked powder! It was fun to watch. Jill and I have skied here in the past two years, but it was never during a school vacation time which made it much more crowded. There was a small lift line for the first half hour. The High Lift platter had a line to gain access to Teocalli Bowls, and the easy terrain was carved out within 2 hours. Despite the cold temps the new powder was a bit “stiff”. We have been spoiled by the powder in the SLC Canyons. The boys headed to the steep and uncut areas. In their excitement the two boys (ages 17 and 11) got separated from Dad, but they were all happy to go deep and eventually reconnected. They only skied a small amount of the vast terrain available and skied until 3:30pm. Jill and I skied as many untracked lines as we could find. The forecast is for sunny days with mid 20 degree temps during the days and minus degree temps at night – and this is March! The guys ate pizza and were asleep by 7:30 pm. I am looking forward to hearing about the Extreme Terrain they will ski
when the sun makes an arrival tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2017 21:01 #229061 by Griff
Replied by Griff on topic Re: February 28, 2017 Crested Butte
Secret Stash Pizza????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.