Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Feb 25, 2017, Summit East

Feb 25, 2017, Summit East

• Donnelly_M
  • [Donnelly_M]
More
26 Feb 2017 09:00 #228945 by Donnelly_M
Feb 25, 2017, Summit East was created by Donnelly_M
Attempting to escape the ski school weekend crowds at most other areas, I opted for trying out Summit East aka Hyak. It too was crowded but nothing like I saw at Central or West when driving back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2017 18:23 #228949 by rlsg
Replied by rlsg on topic Re: Feb 25, 2017, Summit East
Dude you are tearing it up! Does look too crowded...empty chairs! Never been there..looks pretty good actually..

More
26 Feb 2017 18:24 #228950 by rlsg
Replied by rlsg on topic Re: Feb 25, 2017, Summit East
oops..does not look crowded..

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
26 Feb 2017 20:14 #228960 by pipedream
Replied by pipedream on topic Re: Feb 25, 2017, Summit East
So that was you I saw tearing down the Hidden Valley side in the morning! You were moving fast, hope you got your fill of laps on the excessively groomed terrain ;)

• Donnelly_M
  • [Donnelly_M]
More
26 Feb 2017 21:02 - 26 Feb 2017 21:07 #228963 by Donnelly_M
Replied by Donnelly_M on topic Re: Feb 25, 2017, Summit East

oops..does not look crowded..

Relatively speaking, yes. Being a season pass holder at Stevens, I could not imagine how people find skiing that area on ski school weekends enjoyable. I cringe when I see the Stevens Pass live webcam streams showing the masses of people. I have been told Summit East and Mission Ridge are the areas to ski to avoid the weekend crowds.

I had a laugh when I heard a snowboarder yell to random people on the lift saying that who ever did the grooming at East needs to consider looking for a new job.  The grooming was fine. :)

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
26 Feb 2017 21:13 - 26 Feb 2017 22:00 #228964 by pipedream
Replied by pipedream on topic Re: Feb 25, 2017, Summit East
That might've been me, Donnelly. Although, I think I said whoever made the call to groom all those things should be the one contemplating their employment (cat drivers drive cats, can't blame 'em for that). C'mon, it's terrible enough what the new chair did to Blowdown... grooming it adds insult to injury. And if you're gonna groom it, you should at least groom it evenly - something they've been getting right more often than not this season on the other end of the valley

Same for Roz's.

• Donnelly_M
  • [Donnelly_M]
More
26 Feb 2017 21:23 #228965 by Donnelly_M
Replied by Donnelly_M on topic Re: Feb 25, 2017, Summit East

That might've been me, Donnelly. C'mon, it's terrible enough what the new chair did to Blowdown... grooming it adds insult to injury. And if you're gonna groom it, you should at least groom it evenly - something they've been getting right more often than not this season on the other end of the valley

Same for Roz's.

Yeah, grooming can add insult to many areas of the mountain, but maybe if they did some grooming like this with some added features as seen here, it might make people think otherwise.lol