Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > January 25, 2017 Willamette Pass, OR

January 25, 2017 Willamette Pass, OR

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Jan 2017 21:04 #228451 by Zap
The area was closed Monday and Tuesday, but was lonely today (Wed) with a dusting of new.  The base is at 5100' so we spent the night in the area parking lot. The 4-seat express was practically empty.  We skied the groomers off Eagle Peak at 6666'. On our third run they opened the Peak 2 Lift on the backside which has a northeast exposure.  It was a old triple but it works. There are numerous tree-lined areas with groomers on both sides of the lift.  On the south side of the ski area is the Twilight Lift which is in the forest with numerous groomed trails – they did a great job of grooming. The place was deserted today. On every run we were laying down fresh tracks on the groomers. I talked to a Forest Ranger on the slopes, but that was the only “crowd”.  We did see a couple of “seniors” in the parking lot.  My previous visit was also on a Wednesday after they had had some fresh snow and it was also deserted.  Hmmmm. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
26 Jan 2017 09:01 #228453 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: January 25, 2017 Willamette Pass, OR
Thanks for another round of road trip trip reports. (RTTRs???) Lisa and I will hit the road in the trailer in April.
I keep looking around at Crystal and thinking, "What are all these geezers doing here?" then realizing:
They is us!

More
26 Jan 2017 17:12 #228462 by ddk

Thanks for another round of road trip trip reports.  (RTTRs???)  Lisa and I will hit the road in the trailer in April. 
I keep looking around at Crystal and thinking, "What are all these geezers doing here?" then realizing:
They is us!

Ha ha...funny...