Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal 01/21 Low expectations partially exceeded

Crystal 01/21 Low expectations partially exceeded

• BB
  • [BB]
More
21 Jan 2017 21:14 #228374 by BB
Variable conditions today, ranging from not bad, to do-able, to visions of those "long slides are possible" signs. The snow was best up high and where smooth but not wind scoured. Sorry my memory is getting foggy. Just poke around and try to find some turns. I will say that skiers left of IceFerkBurg and Memorial were not good. There are half man sized ice chunks in the middle of PB but heard the sides skied well. Smaller ice chunks can be found most areas of the mountain. After much hemming and hawing we committed to an Employee Housing run and were pleasantly surprised; good up top to do-able at the bottom, with a pretty fast trail out. The thick ice plastered on the upper mountain trees was beautiful. So sorry to hear that it covered the retirees goggles yesterday;) No repeat of that today. Many of the ridge rocks are now covered by the recent PNW wet snow; that's a very good thing. Lots A-E mostly full, pay lot too but with wide spacing. No lines on the hill (except of course the Gondy, why do sheeple wait in that line?). Traffic at speed limit +5. Twenty person line at Wapiti for espresso/ice cream.
P.S. Run of the day: Cache Run but I can't really count that in the Lift-accessed Skiing Reports section, can I?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.