Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > January 10, 2017 Summit Central

January 10, 2017 Summit Central

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Jan 2017 16:30 #228216 by Zap
January 10, 2017 Summit Central was created by Zap
We made a last minute decision to go to Central. It was 19 degrees, no wind, and it was snowing.  There was no traffic and we parked next to the stairs by the Silver Fir Lodge at 8:40am.  We rode the 3rd chair and kept wondering why there were so few folks, except for a few old folks like us. Four inches of  powder fell during the evening and morning. Jill had a smile all morning and loved skiing the untracked powder – great for spooning and figure-eighting my lines. At 11am the sun came out and we could see more untracked areas. By 11:30 the  powder folks were leaving and there were numerous smiles with comments  of “WOW, that was great!” and “what a pleasant surprise”.  ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silaswild
  • [silaswild]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Jan 2017 20:14 #228221 by silaswild
Replied by silaswild on topic Re: January 10, 2017 Summit Central

We kept wondering why there were so few folks

Maybe because International at Alpental had 12-16" deep untracked, consistent snow? Lotsa young folks and a few old ones. :)

More
10 Jan 2017 21:10 #228223 by Griff
Replied by Griff on topic Re: January 10, 2017 Summit Central
Doing this:

vimeo.com/198939865

That said Graham and I got one more day in yesterday at Ski Acres before he left to head back the University of Colorado. Nice 6+ inches and groomed down Parachute face (aka HWS run) making for really fun skiing. Sadly, I had to work the rest of the day and haven't been able to edit up the footage.