Crystal -12/11

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 Dec 2016 17:39 #227709 by ddk
Crystal -12/11 was created by ddk
So as usual …the short on words version was it was very nice ski conditions pretty much everywhere today….and the long winded wordy version….(read fast)….Gotta say for a Sunday with very little new (but enough to be happy), it was a pretty good day…anytime the Hawks are playing during prime time afternoons is a very good thing. Even earlier in the day there really were no lift lines where I was (did I get all the right where’s and were’s in the right places?). Arrived extra early (just cause) and still did not make the front row of CHex. Traffic up was mostly good till the Ranch area were the wacky to slow drive kicked in. Parked at close to the butt end of the A lot ( the Pay lot was more massive than most weekends in January – and sadly no where full when I left). Nice good vis with the new snow this morning, screamer groomers, smooth off Piste fun from PB/BP (got first tracks in the Pit, skiers hard left – lov that line), to the Last Door (Elevator Shaft for some folks) – worth repeats with the packed pow bumps building up, to many SunnySide (YA! for JD), to great runs down M-World and even better runs down Melby Trees and Upper and Lower E ( twice for me in one day, one on the morning and finished the day once more – Two T2B runs in the same day – wow). Heard big things about out North again and even EH run with I5/Buff trail not really all that bad. Had been thinkin about Employee H run. Also got to ski the NEW K2 run!...got a new gate at the top of it (put in yesterday )…Thanks Kim K for finally reopening a long lost ski line (or at least making the entrance a lot easier for old folks like me), though right now it could really use some small tree pruning…Double D posted line and the entrance did take some effort.

Other – Lots of soup on the mountain…CB lodge had Tomato water, base lodge had Chick Noodle! (but I was leaving when I saw it and it looked pretty bottom of the bag), Turkey Noodle at the Big Umbrella box (is it good? Have had a lot of Turkey soup at home). Big crowds in the lodges when I passed through watching those great Hawks?

Other other – Parking was packed a long way down ( I assume F lot had cars but I spaced when I was leaving, since Ms Ferk was riding down with me and is very conversationally distracting) Drive down was to slow again based on the roads below GW…25mph every random who knows why? Great Day, Great Snow….tomorrow will be happy quiet Great…unless it snows to much tonight and the pow hounds show up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.